In yoga news, I am honored to be teaching a super-special Geek Yoga class at a studio I greatly respect, Katonah, next Thursday April 5 at 8:00pm (add yourself to the Facebook event here). If you’re in NYC, don’t miss it! We are rallying geeks far and wide — should be the best one yet
Articles I’m featured in:
- Business.com – Starting your own business: 4 inspiring stories of people who followed their dreams
- LifeHack.org - 15 ways to master your work/life balance as an entrepreneur
- Brazen Careerist – First job tales from your favorite bloggers
- Blogworld.com – 23 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Blog to Book
- Take Flight – Written Interview from the perspective of meaningful flights (literal and figurative) from Vivek Mayasandra who I met at the Seattle stop of my book tour last year.
- WinningEdits.com – Should You Write a Book? Jenny Blake Explains Why You Should (And More)
- IdeaMensch.com – the most in-depth interview I’ve ever done; stay tuned for a very exciting partnership announcement regarding a Make Sh*t Happen re-launch in June!
- ABC’s of Self Love - Free e-book from the fabulous Molly Mahar of Stratejoy
Big thanks to my brother Tom (aka T-Bones) who sends me these almost every morning!
- Business Insider - Executives share the best advice they ever got
- Inc.com – The 5 Most Powerful Words in Sales
- Copyblogger – 15 Grammar Goofs that Make You Look Silly
- The Secret Weapon - Web2.0 tool marries Getting Things Done + Evernote
- GTD workflow cheat-sheet (thanks T-Bones!)
- Business Insider – 10 Productivity Apps for Your Smart Phone (h/t John Muscarello)
- Art of Manliness - How to Write an Email that Will Actually Get a Response (the observations section is spot on!!)
Other Content I’ve Loved Recently:
- Yoga Journal – Bouncing Back (on resilience) and What is Love? (both looong, but good!)
- A Cup of Joe – John Steinbeck’s 1958 letter to his 14-year-old son On Falling in Love. Thanks Adam for the link, and for all of the ongoing inspiration
- In Over Your Head – Lessons I Learned Reading Over 200 Books - Must read — this guy is awesome!! Love his takeaways — wish I had the energy to do this. Though I have also read 200+ business & development books — you can read my reviews on GoodReads.
- Jonathan Fields – The Power of Delight: “We spend all of our time, energy and money on acquisition, then once we’ve converted someone we shift into ‘minimum maintenance mode’…and wonder why everything falls apart.”
- NY Magazine - Listening to Xanax: How America learned to stop worrying about worrying and pop its pills instead. The world needs more yoga! Or exercise of any kind, really. It may not cure everything, but it goes a looooong way and it’s worth a shot before we over-medicate or go straight to pills as our default fix. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge: If you live in NYC, get your booty to Geek Yoga!
- YouTube – Shocking Before and After Transformation in 5 hours (h/t Ramit) — this is nuts!
- Failure Club - such an awesome idea! Start a chapter in your area based on the following premise: “In Failure Club, members learn to defy the fears associated with ‘failure’ by pursuing seemingly impossible goals that they set for themselves. From the outset, failure is not only a highly probable outcome, it is the desired outcome.”
- Mike Hrostoski – I am a man, and I’m not afraid to cry. Beautiful.
- Coffee and Warm Showers: 10 Life Mantras — How I Changed My Life and Became Exactly Who I Wanted to Be in 6 Months. Okay, okay – I’m biased since Eric is my coaching client and he very kindly mentions me in the post Speaking of which…
Steal of a Deal on Coaching Services!
I’m beaming with pride for two of my coaching clients who have both recently launched their own coaching ventures: Melissa Anzman of Loosen Your White Collar, and Eric Lunsford of Coffee and Warm Showers.
Oftentimes when new coaches are starting to build their client list, they offer coaching at a deeply discounted rate just to build momentum (I definitely did this). The good news for you is that it’s a great way to get highly discounted coaching! I’ve also taken new coaches up on offers like this, and am amazed at how much I can accomplish with them in just a few sessions.
Here’s more information on each of their offers:
- Loosen Your White Collar- Melissa is a former corporate human resources leader who finally turned her own dream job into a reality. She spent over ten years working in various corporate careers, trying to find the perfect “tie” for herself, when she realized that what she really needed was to put on a new one! Since then, she has been helping working professionals reconnect or shape their own career path. An HR insider and certified coach, she will help guide you to the career you’ve always dreamed of having. She is offering her coaching services at a deeply discounted rate of $250 for four sessions of coaching, 45 minutes each, good through April 30, 2012. (Value: $1,000)! If you’re interested, please complete this form. If you’re not quite sure if you’re ready to take the leap, or even just want to find out more about what coaching is, leave your email address here, and Melissa will send you additional information, details and tools about coaching, and how to loosen your white collar.
- Coffee and Warm Showers $1 Mentoring – Eric’s goal is “to help your true self wake up from its slumber, question the status quo, and transform your being.” He wants to make coaching accessible to the masses, hence his $1/minute program (you select the amount of time in advance, starting with as little as 30 minutes up to an hour). To learn more, visit his website!
I’d love to hear from you in the comments:
Any awesome links or resources you’ve stumbled-upon lately?