That’s right . . . Jenny Blake Enterprises is going rogue!
One of the big reasons behind wanting to work for myself was the freedom to travel and set my own schedule.
With a nervous feeling in my belly, I inched closer and closer toward making this trip a reality:
- I mentally (and a bit tentatively) confirmed that I’m ready to take another big trip, and that it’s worth spending my time and money on. Am I really doing this?? Alone?
- I marked dates off on my calendar. Gulp! What will it be like to be away from work for so long?
- I booked the major flights (into Singapore, out of Thailand). There’s no turning back now! I’ll make it work…
- I signed up for a major life-checklist item (click here to create your own checklist): two-week Thai Massage Training in Chaing-Mai, Thailand to help advance my yoga teaching. For those who are unfamiliar with Thai Massage, it’s almost like facilitated yoga — using my body as a practitioner to move the other person’s body around in various shapes. They lay on the floor in comfortable clothes (as opposed to a massage table) and I do the work! This is going to be a great way for me to learn how to assist people during yoga classes, and I’ll have fun practicing on friends who are nice to me when I get home
- Squealing ensued over Skype with Elisa as we planned the details of our trip in a Google Doc titled, “Jenny and Elisa Do Thailand and Bali.” Hey — what’s the fun of planning a big trip if you can’t express your Type-A-ness in a massive Google Doc?!
I will be treating this trip largely as vacation, responding only to urgent items. It’s nerve-wracking to imagine being mostly unplugged for an entire month, but mostly delightful! That means that things may be quiet around here for the month of May (with a few guest posts sprinkled throughout). I hope you understand
I’d love to hear in the comments:
Anyone got any recommendations or travel must-sees for these areas?
If you live in any of the cities I mentioned above, I’d love to meet up!