I’ve been working like a maniac for the last two weeks to get all kinds of big updates ready for you – more to come in my mega year-end wrap-up post next week! One of the major projects is getting ready to kick-off the biggest, baddest, most awesome Make Sh*t Happen course yet in January (with the [...]
Big goals bring us alive. They call us forth, add meaning to our lives, and help us bust-through our own upper limits reach our fullest potential.
The paradox of big goals is that the more potential they have to change our lives, the more paralyzing our fears can become. That’s what change is all about: breaking down so we can build ourselves back-up — stronger, more confident, more alive.
Are you ready to Make Sh*t Happen?
I’ve got a 10-week course called Make Sh*t Happen that will help you take your biggest, scariest, hairiest goal from “improbable” idea to inevitable success. Learn more and sign-up to be notified about the next launch here. In the meantime, read about two of our recent success stories: How Devin Termini lost 85 pounds and changed his life, and a Q&A with Shannyn Allen: From Broke Grad Student to Rockstar Blogger.
Goal-setting: Laying the foundation. What brings you alive?
- What’s on Your Life Checklist? & Life Checklist Template
- 13 Questions for 2013
- 2011: Calling All Dreamers
- 10 Questions to Help You Stop Thinking and Start DOING (with template!)
- What ONE THING will you regret not doing this year? My story as told through my journal
- Big, Hairy, Scary Goals & Sticky Goals
- Wrestling with a big decision? New template at your service!
- Help a Reader Out: How Do You Make Decisions?
- Caught a Case of The Jealousies? 4 Ways to Do Something About It
On persistence, commitment, and surviving the dip
- Failure is Required. Expect Nothing Less
- One Action Can Make a World of Difference
- One Day at a Time
- Something is Better than Nothing
- How to Create a Peer Support Network
- Revolution.Is: Act As If
- Live for the Dip
- Just because you’re not seeing progress doesn’t mean it isn’t being made
- Joseph Campbell on The Hero’s Journey
- Forget Goals; Find the Happy Place!
- Conquer Your Fear: An Epic ePic from Mars Dorian
- Inner Critic Incarnate: 6 Lessons From Negative Reviews (Hint: They Don’t Kill You!)
Tales from a few of my biggest goals:
- Triathlon: 5 Things I Learned From Panicking… then Finishing
- I FINISHED MY MARATHON!!!
- Health & Fitness Resource Bonanza (& Mayo Clinic Book Giveaway)
- A Recipe for Fall that Even *I* Can Cook (and August Health Challenge Update)
- New York, New York
Yoga/Yoga Teacher Training
- A Little Slice of Heaven: 20 Life Lessons I Learned on the Rogue River
- Video Post: Headed out! See you in November…
- Eat. Sleep. Yoga. Part One: White Lotus
- Eat. Sleep. Yoga. Part Two: Re-Entry.
- Light, Love and Yoga Money
- Everybody starts somewhere: my spontaneous speech in which I drop an F-bomb
- Bali Travel Report: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly . . . and the Beautiful
- Check out my full yoga website (and Yoga 101 articles)
It was early 2009 and I felt like my book was being suffocated by fear. Scratch that — I was actively suffocating my book WITH my fears. They had the Microsoft Word file in a choke hold for almost six months and they weren’t letting up. I remember going for one of my weekly walks [...]
I got a message this weekend that dropped my jaw to the floor. Longtime LAC reader and two-time Make Sh*t Happen alumni, Devin Termini, had triumphantly reached his goal of losing 85 pounds (!!!) in just ten months. Check out this amazing before-and-after photo: Beast mode indeed!! As part of the course, I provide 50+ case [...]
I completed a major sweaty-palms-heart-leaping-outta-my-chest life-checklist item this past weekend in Portland, Oregon: I was one of 13 WDS attendees chosen to share our story with the entire conference audience — an auditorium of 1,000 people! I wanted to make the most of my five minutes, so I treated it like a mini-keynote. Nicole and I spent [...]
If you don’t know Ishita Gupta of Fear.less Magazine, you must. She’s a warm, sharp, intuitive, wise, well-traveled soul who I had the great pleasure of finally catching up with over coffee last week at an adorable place called The Bean in NYC. She used to work with Seth Godin and The Domino Project as [...]
You all know how much I love when the LAC community can help people out with their big goals. The other day Al Smith, a long-time reader and all-around awesome guy, reached out to me about HIS big scary goal — a book on career advancement, the origins of which started after he was passed [...]