Today is an exciting day — I am thrilled to introduce you to a fabulous woman, Dr. Sara Gottfried, who I have had the honor of working closely with these last few months on the launch of her sure-to-be-bestselling book, The Hormone Cure. I have had the privilege of working with Sara as part of [...]
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”
For many people, happiness is THE driving factor behind everything; where we live, where we work, how we spend our time, what goals we pursue. Aristotle argued that the motivation behind all action was linked to the pursuit of happiness. This category covers my own ups and downs – my happiest moments and seeking to understand my darkest — as well as inspirational quotes that moved me.
My Life Lessons:
- Talking Trees: Wisdom from Wat Umong
- You can’t make everyone happy. So stop trying and start LIVING.
- A Little Slice of Heaven: 20 Life Lessons I Learned on the Rogue River
- What if I was just myself?
- Expanding Happiness: On Fear and Bliss (with notes from Dad!)
- Making the Shift from Resistance to Gratitude
- Everybody Needs a Keepers File
- The Complexity of Change and the Beauty in Embracing it
- When Life Gets Crazy
- Temperature Check: What’s Your Quality of Life?
- Celebrate Your Life
- Video: celebrate what you want to see more of
- Light, Love and Yoga Money
On Gremlins, Success Demons and Lizard Brain Fears
- What to Do When You Feel Batshit Crazy
- Inner Critic Incarnate: 6 Lessons From Negative Reviews (Hint: They Don’t Kill You!)
- A Manifesto: Dancing with Demons and Finding the Light
- Table for Two: Human Magic and a Hot Mess
- Wrestling with a big decision? Take an inner critic inventory.
- What I’m Afraid of…and What I Know
- Guest Post: 3 Ways to Kick Your Gremlin’s Ass
- Where in your life are you pounding on unlocked doors?
- Success Demons…and a Signed Contract
- Martha Beck – Wizard vs. Lizard: The Battle for Your Brain
- You Already Have Everything You Need
Quotes, stories and other motivational juice:
- Enjoy Life: Nick White on The Power of Speech
- The Holstee Manifesto: This is Your Life.
- Goethe on Seeing the Best in Others
- The Master of Living
- Martha Graham on Self-Expression
- Dr. Lynn Vavreck on Embracing Uncertainty, Living Life Between Great Moments
- Lao-tzu on Knowing When to Stop
Book Notes on Happiness
As many of you know, I have been on a two-month life and work experiment to bust through my writer’s block and to see if I can, in fact, run my business from anywhere—not just in theory, but in mosquito-ridden practice. Life is slower paced in Thailand, often referred to as the “land of smiles,” [...]
Greetings from the road! The pictures above were taken at the Uluwatu Temple in Bali, a magical place filled with monkeys who will give you (and your stuff) the side-eye, waiting to pounce to steal what they can in exchange for peanuts that you buy in order to get it all back. Thankfully my phone stayed with [...]
Note from Jenny: I’m excited to host Bryan Cohen on one of his 61 stops in 61 days (!!) for The Happiness Blog Tour to promotie his new book The Post-College Guide to Happiness. He’s giving away free digital review copies of the book and doing a giveaway for paperback copies, audio copies and even a Kindle Fire! [...]
Here we go with another spontaneous, top-of-mind, unplanned post — thanks for being such an awesome community that I feel supported putting this stuff out there. Best readers on the planet, I tell you! Side note: I’m currently en route to Syracuse to speak at the Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship conference — apologies [...]
Today’s guest contributor is writer, coach, violinist, filmmaker, law school graduate, and web designer, Emilie Wapnick, who works with multipotentialites to help them build lives and businesses around ALL their interests. She’s the author of Renaissance Business and the troublemaker behind Puttylike.com. I’m so glad Emilie chose this topic — it’s the same feeling I had when [...]