Written by Paul Angone Why do some people live a life full of significance, impact, and meaning – basically a life of their dreams? While the rest live a ho-hum life – full of potential, but with no real purpose? For the last 10 + years, I’ve searched for the answers to those two questions. […]
What brings you alive? How do you make big decisions? These posts are a mix of my own personal experiences, as well as tips and templates to help you ride out the emotional highs and lows that come with living a full life.
Life Lessons (see also: Goals category)
- 7 Habits of Highly Miserable Twenty-Somethings
- ALIVE: 12 Ways to Wake Up, Light Up, and Find Your Bliss (with template)
- New York, New York + Personal Updates
- 28: 2 Small Requests and 8 Pearls of Dad Wisdom
- Kick-off to 2011: Mind-Maps, Passion and Pancakes
- What’s on your life checklist?
- A Letter from my Future Self (#reverb10)
- A Little Slice of Heaven: 20 Life Lessons I Learned on the Rogue River
- The Holstee Manifesto: This is Your Life.
- Do More
- The Blogger IS Real…But Even Better IRL
- Christopher Morley on Life & Individuality
Lemons to Lemonade
- Failure is Required. Expect Nothing Less
- What’s Your Happy Place?
- On Freedom: a Counterintuitive Way to Fly
- Revolution.Is: Act As If
- 10 Lessons Learned from Almost Panicking in Front of 500+ People at TEDxCMU
- In memory of Harold Sydney Deino
- Table for Two: Human Magic and a Hot Mess
- Live for the Dip
- A Manifesto: Dancing with Demons and Finding the Light
- Forbes.com: 5 Tips for Managing Your Energy, Not Your Time
- Are You Living For Vacation? 5 Tips to Improve Your Life *Now*
- When Life Gets Crazy
- My Sandboxed Life
- Temperature Check: What’s Your Quality of Life?
- I’ve Got a Case of the Tomorrows
- Stress Happens…Whaddaya Gonna Do About it?
- Lift the Oars (and Happy New Year!) – Video
- What To Do When You Feel Batshit Crazy
On Confidence & Fear (see the related Happiness category)
- On Alignment
- What ONE THING will you regret not doing this year? My story as told through my diary*
- On Not White-Lying by Omission: 12 Mini Confessions
- Are you a hypocrite?
- What I’m Afraid of…and What I Know
- What if I was just myself?
- One Day at a Time
- Expanding Happiness: On Fear and Bliss (with notes from Dad!)
- On Confidence & Unconditional Love
- This is the Day To…
- Finding Pillars of Certainty Amidst the Walls of the Unknown
- On Habit Change and The Itchy Scratchy Art* of Saying No
- I’m back! And I don’t know what to write…
- Courage isn’t always glamorous. Actually, it almost never is.
- Dr. Lynn Vavreck on Embracing Uncertainty, Living Life Between Great Moments
- The Complexity of Change and the Beauty in Embracing it
- Steve Jobs on Living Life to the Fullest
- Jonah Lehrer: Why We Travel
- Video Post: Life is Like a Box of Cupcakes
- Making the Shift from Resistance to Gratitude
- Lao-tzu on Knowing When to Stop
- Celebrate Your Life
- Be Thankful
- You Already Have Everything You Need
My thanks to you
- I’m running out of cupcakes…
- Thank You
- Thank You + A Small Request for Feedback
- Life After College Deserves a Cupcake…and So Do You
I will always be grateful for my mother, who raised my little brother and me without a man in the house, who taught us to value our education despite never finishing elementary school herself, and who never let being paralyzed stop her from caring for her two sons. My mother made living on food stamps […]
Written by Marisol Dahl Three months ago today, I graduated college. And as summer is winding down and that back to school season kicks in, it’s really hitting that I won’t be returning to the wonderful comforts of college dorm rooms, courtyards full of students, and 24-hour libraries. There are a lot of changes that come […]
Written by Paul Angone There are so many well-hidden suckholes that can stop all momentum, growth, and success in your twenties. And you can fall into one of these pitfalls without even realizing it, and then stay stuck well into your 30s, 40s, 50s…you get where I’m going… Now that I’ve successfully freaked us all out, […]
Written By Davis Nguyen Last week, life after college officially began for me and frankly, I am scared. Even with a degree from one of the world’s best universities, I am scared of what awaits me outside the walls of the classrooms I’ve so grown so accustomed to seeing every day for the last 17 years. When […]
Written by Jenny Blake Okay, so “I don’t know” is more of a three-word phrase, but you get the idea. When pondering a life change, a relationship or a career, how many times have you said, “I don’t know” with a big sigh and a dejected, deflated tone? “I don’t know” is not a disease to […]