Written by Paul Angone We go through college, many of us spending a small fortune for an education, yet so many twentysomethings leave feeling completely unprepared. How can this be? Maybe we need a new kind of education once we hit our 20s. A strategic, big-picture plan on how to truly and authentically succeed in […]
What brings you alive? How do you make big decisions? These posts are a mix of my own personal experiences, as well as tips and templates to help you ride out the emotional highs and lows that come with living a full life.
Life Lessons (see also: Goals category)
- 7 Habits of Highly Miserable Twenty-Somethings
- ALIVE: 12 Ways to Wake Up, Light Up, and Find Your Bliss (with template)
- New York, New York + Personal Updates
- 28: 2 Small Requests and 8 Pearls of Dad Wisdom
- Kick-off to 2011: Mind-Maps, Passion and Pancakes
- What’s on your life checklist?
- A Letter from my Future Self (#reverb10)
- A Little Slice of Heaven: 20 Life Lessons I Learned on the Rogue River
- The Holstee Manifesto: This is Your Life.
- Do More
- The Blogger IS Real…But Even Better IRL
- Christopher Morley on Life & Individuality
Lemons to Lemonade
- Failure is Required. Expect Nothing Less
- What’s Your Happy Place?
- On Freedom: a Counterintuitive Way to Fly
- Revolution.Is: Act As If
- 10 Lessons Learned from Almost Panicking in Front of 500+ People at TEDxCMU
- In memory of Harold Sydney Deino
- Table for Two: Human Magic and a Hot Mess
- Live for the Dip
- A Manifesto: Dancing with Demons and Finding the Light
- Forbes.com: 5 Tips for Managing Your Energy, Not Your Time
- Are You Living For Vacation? 5 Tips to Improve Your Life *Now*
- When Life Gets Crazy
- My Sandboxed Life
- Temperature Check: What’s Your Quality of Life?
- I’ve Got a Case of the Tomorrows
- Stress Happens…Whaddaya Gonna Do About it?
- Lift the Oars (and Happy New Year!) – Video
- What To Do When You Feel Batshit Crazy
On Confidence & Fear (see the related Happiness category)
- On Alignment
- What ONE THING will you regret not doing this year? My story as told through my diary*
- On Not White-Lying by Omission: 12 Mini Confessions
- Are you a hypocrite?
- What I’m Afraid of…and What I Know
- What if I was just myself?
- One Day at a Time
- Expanding Happiness: On Fear and Bliss (with notes from Dad!)
- On Confidence & Unconditional Love
- This is the Day To…
- Finding Pillars of Certainty Amidst the Walls of the Unknown
- On Habit Change and The Itchy Scratchy Art* of Saying No
- I’m back! And I don’t know what to write…
- Courage isn’t always glamorous. Actually, it almost never is.
- Dr. Lynn Vavreck on Embracing Uncertainty, Living Life Between Great Moments
- The Complexity of Change and the Beauty in Embracing it
- Steve Jobs on Living Life to the Fullest
- Jonah Lehrer: Why We Travel
- Video Post: Life is Like a Box of Cupcakes
- Making the Shift from Resistance to Gratitude
- Lao-tzu on Knowing When to Stop
- Celebrate Your Life
- Be Thankful
- You Already Have Everything You Need
My thanks to you
- I’m running out of cupcakes…
- Thank You
- Thank You + A Small Request for Feedback
- Life After College Deserves a Cupcake…and So Do You
Written by Paul Angone The great chasm between Boomers and Millennials can feel like crossing the Grand Canyon on a three-legged donkey. Or so it feels. And to try and reach the other side faster we bridge the Understanding-Gap with stereotypes. Instead of taking the time to travel there to see for ourselves, we listen to […]
Written by Paul Angone As I left college and attempted to “find my passion,” I felt like a 3rd grader trying to attempt Calculus. I couldn’t even understand the question, let alone scratch the answer. Each year that passed I felt like a character in The Office, working a job I hated because I couldn’t figure […]
Written by Paul Angone What do you do when you lose inspiration? And even worse, when you lose inspiration doing the thing you used to love the most? For me personally, I just released my debut book 101 Secrets for your Twenties and quit my 8-5 job to pursue speaking and writing full-time, and for […]
Written by Ashley Josephine Herzberger Have you ever felt pressure to pursue your career or business just because you’re good at it? In fact, most people would tell you that you’re nuts if you DON’T apply your natural strengths and talents to your career. Too many of us painstakingly search for a job in our […]
Written by Paul Angone What if you could have a face-to-face talk with your 21-year-old self? What would you tell him or her? Your twenties are about pointing your life a certain direction and one way or another, you’re going to be sailing somewhere. What would you tell yourself to make sure you were on the […]