Written by Paul Angone Your twenties not going as planned? Perfect. You’re in amazing company. And I’m not just talking about the seemingly two million twentysomethings currently blogging about our quarter-life crisis. No, failing in your twenties is a historical rite of a passage. Like being sent out into the wilderness to kill a lion — […]
What brings you alive? How do you make big decisions? These posts are a mix of my own personal experiences, as well as tips and templates to help you ride out the emotional highs and lows that come with living a full life.
Life Lessons (see also: Goals category)
- 7 Habits of Highly Miserable Twenty-Somethings
- ALIVE: 12 Ways to Wake Up, Light Up, and Find Your Bliss (with template)
- New York, New York + Personal Updates
- 28: 2 Small Requests and 8 Pearls of Dad Wisdom
- Kick-off to 2011: Mind-Maps, Passion and Pancakes
- What’s on your life checklist?
- A Letter from my Future Self (#reverb10)
- A Little Slice of Heaven: 20 Life Lessons I Learned on the Rogue River
- The Holstee Manifesto: This is Your Life.
- Do More
- The Blogger IS Real…But Even Better IRL
- Christopher Morley on Life & Individuality
Lemons to Lemonade
- Failure is Required. Expect Nothing Less
- What’s Your Happy Place?
- On Freedom: a Counterintuitive Way to Fly
- Revolution.Is: Act As If
- 10 Lessons Learned from Almost Panicking in Front of 500+ People at TEDxCMU
- In memory of Harold Sydney Deino
- Table for Two: Human Magic and a Hot Mess
- Live for the Dip
- A Manifesto: Dancing with Demons and Finding the Light
- Forbes.com: 5 Tips for Managing Your Energy, Not Your Time
- Are You Living For Vacation? 5 Tips to Improve Your Life *Now*
- When Life Gets Crazy
- My Sandboxed Life
- Temperature Check: What’s Your Quality of Life?
- I’ve Got a Case of the Tomorrows
- Stress Happens…Whaddaya Gonna Do About it?
- Lift the Oars (and Happy New Year!) – Video
- What To Do When You Feel Batshit Crazy
On Confidence & Fear (see the related Happiness category)
- On Alignment
- What ONE THING will you regret not doing this year? My story as told through my diary*
- On Not White-Lying by Omission: 12 Mini Confessions
- Are you a hypocrite?
- What I’m Afraid of…and What I Know
- What if I was just myself?
- One Day at a Time
- Expanding Happiness: On Fear and Bliss (with notes from Dad!)
- On Confidence & Unconditional Love
- This is the Day To…
- Finding Pillars of Certainty Amidst the Walls of the Unknown
- On Habit Change and The Itchy Scratchy Art* of Saying No
- I’m back! And I don’t know what to write…
- Courage isn’t always glamorous. Actually, it almost never is.
- Dr. Lynn Vavreck on Embracing Uncertainty, Living Life Between Great Moments
- The Complexity of Change and the Beauty in Embracing it
- Steve Jobs on Living Life to the Fullest
- Jonah Lehrer: Why We Travel
- Video Post: Life is Like a Box of Cupcakes
- Making the Shift from Resistance to Gratitude
- Lao-tzu on Knowing When to Stop
- Celebrate Your Life
- Be Thankful
- You Already Have Everything You Need
My thanks to you
- I’m running out of cupcakes…
- Thank You
- Thank You + A Small Request for Feedback
- Life After College Deserves a Cupcake…and So Do You
Written by Paul Angone The obstacles facing twentysomethings today are massive and can sometimes feel un-scaleable. I thought in my twenties I’d be running full-speed and winning the race I’d been preparing for so many years to run. Instead, I felt like I tripped at the starting line and looked up to see a race filled […]
By Davis Nguyen “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” —C. S. Lewis Humility isn’t a sexy word. As recent college graduates, we are so eager to show the world what we have to offer. What we lack in experience, we make up for in our readiness to accept every opportunity […]
Written by Jenny Blake Have you ever had a gut instinct that rocked you to the core? You’re in a job or a relationship, and you start getting a physical sense that it is time to make a change. These instincts often start as quiet whispers, and can be confusing and disorienting if we don’t yet know what […]
Written by Paul Angone Do you want to worry less? Of course you do, right? That’s like me asking if I could send you free bacon (or the tofu equivalent). Worry is like black mold – it springs up in soggy conditions. Spreads uncontrollably. And often times we don’t realize it’s there until it’s literally […]
Written by Rebecca Fraser-Thill You know what drives me insane? “Under 30″ lists. “Young movers and shakers” awards. “Rub It In Your Face That These People Got Their Acts Together Faster Than You” roll calls. Under 30 lists are everywhere. Forbes has one, Inc. has one, GQ has one. Even “hot seller” Realtor magazine has […]