Written by Ashley Josephine Herzberger Have you ever felt pressure to pursue your career or business just because you’re good at it? In fact, most people would tell you that you’re nuts if you DON’T apply your natural strengths and talents to your career. Too many of us painstakingly search for a job in our […]
What brings you alive? How do you make big decisions? These posts are a mix of my own personal experiences, as well as tips and templates to help you ride out the emotional highs and lows that come with living a full life.
Life Lessons (see also: Goals category)
- 7 Habits of Highly Miserable Twenty-Somethings
- ALIVE: 12 Ways to Wake Up, Light Up, and Find Your Bliss (with template)
- New York, New York + Personal Updates
- 28: 2 Small Requests and 8 Pearls of Dad Wisdom
- Kick-off to 2011: Mind-Maps, Passion and Pancakes
- What’s on your life checklist?
- A Letter from my Future Self (#reverb10)
- A Little Slice of Heaven: 20 Life Lessons I Learned on the Rogue River
- The Holstee Manifesto: This is Your Life.
- Do More
- The Blogger IS Real…But Even Better IRL
- Christopher Morley on Life & Individuality
Lemons to Lemonade
- Failure is Required. Expect Nothing Less
- What’s Your Happy Place?
- On Freedom: a Counterintuitive Way to Fly
- Revolution.Is: Act As If
- 10 Lessons Learned from Almost Panicking in Front of 500+ People at TEDxCMU
- In memory of Harold Sydney Deino
- Table for Two: Human Magic and a Hot Mess
- Live for the Dip
- A Manifesto: Dancing with Demons and Finding the Light
- Forbes.com: 5 Tips for Managing Your Energy, Not Your Time
- Are You Living For Vacation? 5 Tips to Improve Your Life *Now*
- When Life Gets Crazy
- My Sandboxed Life
- Temperature Check: What’s Your Quality of Life?
- I’ve Got a Case of the Tomorrows
- Stress Happens…Whaddaya Gonna Do About it?
- Lift the Oars (and Happy New Year!) – Video
- What To Do When You Feel Batshit Crazy
On Confidence & Fear (see the related Happiness category)
- On Alignment
- What ONE THING will you regret not doing this year? My story as told through my diary*
- On Not White-Lying by Omission: 12 Mini Confessions
- Are you a hypocrite?
- What I’m Afraid of…and What I Know
- What if I was just myself?
- One Day at a Time
- Expanding Happiness: On Fear and Bliss (with notes from Dad!)
- On Confidence & Unconditional Love
- This is the Day To…
- Finding Pillars of Certainty Amidst the Walls of the Unknown
- On Habit Change and The Itchy Scratchy Art* of Saying No
- I’m back! And I don’t know what to write…
- Courage isn’t always glamorous. Actually, it almost never is.
- Dr. Lynn Vavreck on Embracing Uncertainty, Living Life Between Great Moments
- The Complexity of Change and the Beauty in Embracing it
- Steve Jobs on Living Life to the Fullest
- Jonah Lehrer: Why We Travel
- Video Post: Life is Like a Box of Cupcakes
- Making the Shift from Resistance to Gratitude
- Lao-tzu on Knowing When to Stop
- Celebrate Your Life
- Be Thankful
- You Already Have Everything You Need
My thanks to you
- I’m running out of cupcakes…
- Thank You
- Thank You + A Small Request for Feedback
- Life After College Deserves a Cupcake…and So Do You
Written by Paul Angone What if you could have a face-to-face talk with your 21-year-old self? What would you tell him or her? Your twenties are about pointing your life a certain direction and one way or another, you’re going to be sailing somewhere. What would you tell yourself to make sure you were on the […]
Written by Paul Angone Do you ever feel like you’re spinning sixteen different glass plates at once? The question not if they will fall, but when? And how many shards of glass will be left lodged in your legs once they do? That’s how I’ve felt the last six months. My spinning glass plates? Being […]
Written by Paul Angone Success is overrated. Those people living their dreams, making money, making a difference, creating, inventing, leading, yada-yada-blah-gag-me-with-a-stapler. No, give me that 8-5 job surrounded by rainy-day-cubicle where I can master Cubicleness – the art of taking forty-five minutes of actual work and spreading it over eight hours. Give me day after day where […]
Written by Paul Angone My dream for the last seven years has been to encourage, humor, challenge, and inspire twenty-somethings struggling with “what now?” And every time I chase this dream, a memory haunts me, asking me if it’s worth it. It was a Sunday and I was behind in my writing. The few weeks […]
Written by Paul Angone “Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice.” —Stephen R. Covey In my early twenties I could’ve been nominated for Miserable Twenty-Something of the Year. Really, I had a stellar campaign going. I was bitter. Frustrated. Angry at God, man, and myself. My twenties weren’t turning out to be the success-fest like […]