From the moment I first met her at Alexia Vernon’s Moxie Camp conference, I had an insta-crush on Jacquette Timmons. This woman is a radiant, positive powerhouse for good, and I feel fortunate to have crossed paths with her this year. Jacquette’s professional success impressed me — she’s a frequent TV correspondent (CNN, Bloomberg Report), investment [...]
Money has the power to cause great stress, but it doesn’t have to. A little studying and systematizing goes a long way. Below, I share my own financial philosophies and best practices, as well as tips, tools and coaching exercises that I use with clients to help get their finances in order too. Our financial lives are never fixed – they are constantly evolving as our lives change; these posts will help you manage the ebb and flow with greater ease.
Be sure to check out the Life After College infographic poster that I put together with Mint.com — that’s a great jumping-off point for getting your money matters in order.
Before I jump in to the post round-up for this category, I just have to squeal with glee and share a video from the blog post SUZE ORMAN KNOWS WE EXIST!!!
Personal Money-Related Posts
- Free Agent Part Two: On Big Decisions & Very Real Fears
- Portfolio.com: Riding the Income Roller-Coaster as a Solopreneur
- Freedom: My Money Manifesto
- A Day in the Life of My Paycheck
- Are you a victim of “quiet” credit card fraud?
- Credit Card Confessions: Part 1
- Credit Card Confessions: Part 2
- My 30-Day No Car Challenge
Money 101: Best Practices
- Out of the Red, Back to Black
- How to Rock Your Personal Finances
- Budgets ARE Sexy…When Simple
- Create a Weekend Budget
- 7 Great Money Management Websites
- The Emotional Side of Money
- Are You Clogging Your Financial Arteries?
- 3 Little White Lies We Tell Ourselves When Spending Money
- Economy 101: Visual Guides by Mint.com
Getting creative about money
- Going Beyond the To-Do List
- Money is a Means, Not an End
- Craigslist as an Extra Income Dartboard
- How to Live Creatively
- Setting (and Cashing in On) a Frivolous “Reward” Goal
- Reader Q&A: How Can I Finance SXSW (my big, scary goal)?
Today is a VERY exciting day . . . I’m proud to introduce the newest member of the Life After College family!* *Oh my . . .now I’m referring to projects as children. You know you’re hopelessly addicted to blogging when . . . In collaboration with Mint and Quicken, we’ve released an infographic today called [...]
I had the great pleasure of speaking at Mint.com two weeks ago (hi Vu and team!) — a fangirl dream come true, seeing as I mention Mint in just about every money post. Seriously, second only to Suze Orman knowing I exist, Mint.com was the number one company I dreamed about partnering with during the book [...]
THANK YOU for the outpouring of love and support last week. You helped me see without a doubt that I am making the right decision and that I won’t be alone on the road ahead. I am so incredibly blessed to have such a supportive community. Each of you continue to blow me away with [...]
With South-by-Southwest panel submitters campaigning for the popular vote, SXSWi has definitely been a hot topic of conversation (at least among us online nerds) in recent weeks. A reader sent me an email asking if I had any ideas for how she could make her big goal of attending happen, and I thought others might [...]
I know you are all probably out barbecuing, soaking up the sun and generally unwinding – or so I hope – but it’s book giveaway time again! I am giving away a copy of Suze Orman’s The Road to Wealth (this one is the size of a door stop – it covers everything money-related you [...]