Written by Davis Nguyen Moving to a new city is tough. Each time I move, a dozen questions are in my head: Did I pack everything? What if I don’t like my neighbors? How will I make friends? As a kid, my family relocated seven times, but adjusting was easy. I could always count on meeting new […]
I don’t blog about relationships often (mostly because I joke that I’m dating my blog!), but when I do, these seem to be some of the most popular posts. Relationships – and the bliss, struggles and heartbreak that come with them – affect us all.
General thoughts on relationships (not just the romantic kind)
- Stop Auditioning for Other People’s Lives
- You can’t make everyone happy. So stop trying and start LIVING.
- The Sweet Sting of Rejection
On dating and “those pesky things called feelings”
- How can I love my fear? Handwritten Notes on Acceptance, Love and Growth
- An Open Letter to Love: It’s Not You, It’s Me.
- “Failed” Online Date Leads to Friendship…and a Book Trailer
- Serendipity & The Art of Being Alone
- Dating: Do you go for Quality or Quantity?
- Dating is a Roller Coaster (hint, hint: metaphor for life)
- A note of compassion for those pesky things called FEELINGS
- Low Stakes First Dates – Guest Post by Benjy Feen
- Yes It’s True…I Blogged About Love
On pining, break-ups and moving on
- On Limerence…and – wait for it – a break-up processing template. You heard me.
- Stuck like glue? Enter the Pining Prevention Plan.
- Domesticating Jaguars: Let’s All Learn from My Crazy Dream
- A Note on Sadness: Cloudy with a Chance of Sunshine
- Empty Spaces (and Moving Past Loneliness)
Written by Davis Nguyen “If you could have dinner with any living person who would it be?” I enjoy asking this question, because the answer tells me a lot about the person I’m asking: qualities they admire, their interests, and the type of person they might want to be. When the question is asked of me, […]
I’m now in Chiang Mai in the northern part of Thailand for the next month, visiting my friend Elisa and switching things up a bit before I head back to the states in March. I am still yoga’ing, writing, and taking time to myself, but there’s an added perk of finishing my SE Asia adventures here: saving […]
One of my big fears around quitting my job (I gave notice this exact time last year) was the fear of boredom or burn-out. What if I tire of the very things that bring in money . . . then what? The paychecks won’t keep rolling in if I suddenly just stop. doing. the. work. At […]
Here we go with another spontaneous, top-of-mind, unplanned post — thanks for being such an awesome community that I feel supported putting this stuff out there. Best readers on the planet, I tell you! Side note: I’m currently en route to Syracuse to speak at the Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship conference — apologies […]
Bloggers, particularly of the personal development variety, really have to be careful about white-lying by omission. If we don’t make an effort to share the ugly, dirty underbelly of our lives, you might assume that everything we touch is covered in glossy gold perfection, and that perhaps there is something wrong with you if you […]