Looking for a portable life coach? I am here to help. Grab a copy of my book, Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want, which was featured in Target’s 2012 graduation display across 1,700 stores.
You don’t want to miss this book (published by Running Press, March 2011) — it’s a portable life coach to help you get clarity on what you want to create in every area of your life. It’s not just for twenty-somethings, either.
From my former life coach, Ruth Ann Harnisch:
“Perhaps Jenny Blake’s “Life After College” should be subtitled (College Not Required), because this book is not exclusively for grads.
It’s chockablock with tips, exercises, anecdotes and ideas that can help anyone create an independent, happy, fulfilling life. Just crack this book to any page and you’ll find at least one idea that could set off sparks.
At first, it’s easy to be intimidated because the author is so smart, so beautiful, so accomplished, so fit, so successful. But Jenny Blake reveals her own challenges, insecurities, and disasters. LAC is like having the coolest girl in school as your personal coach.
She was once my coaching client, and now Jenny’s book is coaching ME. Yes, even experienced coaches can benefit from the back-to-basics self-examination that “Life After College” requires of its readers. The most important part of this book is what YOU write in it.”
−Ruth Ann Harnisch, President of The Harnisch Foundation, Founder of Thrillionaires.org and on the Board of Trustees for the International Coach Federation Foundation
More About the Book:
In Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want, Twitter meets What Color is Your Parachute for 20-somethings. There is no need for a highlighter – this book is the highlights: a compilation of tips, quotes and exercises trimmed to the essence, divided into chapters for every major life area. Chapter categories include life (values, goals), work, money, organization, home, friends & family, dating & relationships, health, fun & relaxation, and personal growth.
Life After College is an essential manual for every graduating college student and twenty-something looking for direction. It provides practical, actionable advice and helps you focus on the big picture of your life – on your values and aspirations – all in a rapid-fire format.
An avid reader and information gopher, I have read over 150 business and personal development books, and have distilled their wisdom in a way that will leave you feeling inspired and ready to take action toward creating the life you really want. Instead of spending your money buying numerous books about setting goals, managing your finances and navigating your career, I offer a “one stop shop” book, with short but powerful advice and exercises for every area of your life after college. If you can’t afford a life coach, you’ll get a portable coach in this book.
Follow the publishing process (and my progress) by subscribing to my Monthly “Inside Scoop” Newsletter:
If you want the FULL nitty gritty details beyond what I will share on this blog (including helpful writing-related links and resources) sign-up for my monthly(ish) “inside scoop” book newsletter or click here to read the archives.
National Media & Newspaper Coverage:
- US News & World Report — Can I afford to take a sabbatical?
- Atlanta Journal Constitution — Job Strategies: Books for College Graduates
- USA Weekend – Grads, Get Help With Your Money
- CNN.com / CareerBuilder – Graduating? Start Your Career Search Off Right
- US News & World Report – Treat Your Career Like a Smart Phone
- US News & World Report – And on the Side, I’m an Entrepreneur
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution – Grads, it’s time to get professional about social media
- Forbes.com – Book Review – Life After College by Jenny Blake
Catch-up on previous blog posts about the book (in reverse chronological order):
- Sunday Fun: Quarterlife Upgrade + Life After College Art Carousel
- Inner Critic Incarnate: 6 Lessons From Negative Reviews (Hint: They Don’t Kill You!)
- SQUEE!!! Life After College goes infographic…and gets poster-ized!
- Book-a-Day Giveaway: The Big Enough Company
- What’s your soul-on-fire superpower? On Seth Godin, Spreadsheets and Creepy Crawlers
- With Gratitude: Book Tour Best Moments (that can’t possibly do the whole thing justice)
- May Miscellaneum
- Revolution.Is: Act As If
- Authors@Google Video: 10 Lessons I Learned During the Publishing Process
- Life After College Book Launch: Post-Game Analysis (What Worked, What Didn’t)
- Are you a hypocrite?
- Life After College Launch: Mid-Week Report
- Life After College Book – Happy Launch Day, Baby!!!
- Pre-Launch Round-Up! Events, Giveaways, Early Reviews & Free E-Books
- Book Tour Kick-off: 8 Days + 25 Moments
- SXSW, Stolen Goods & Signs from the Universe
- Table for Two: Human Magic and a Hot Mess
- February Fun: Publishing Resources, Questions & Updates… (oh my)!
- “Failed” Online Date Leads to Friendship…and a Book Trailer
- Video: Life After College Book Debut!!
- What I’m Afraid of…and What I Know
- Book Update: New Virtual Home! And Book Tour Deets…
- 2011: Calling All Dreamers
- A Delicious December Hodge-Podge
- Book off to press!!! Blogger speechless.
- Video Post: Headed out! See you in November…
- I’d love your input: Which picture for the back cover of the book?
- Success Demons…and a Signed Contract
- LAC Book: Crowd-Sourced Wisdom for College Grads – Join in the fun!
- Ladies and Gents we have a BOOK DEAL!!! Want in? Read on.
- Life After College Book Project: The Missing Story Part 2 – Timeline of Events
- Life After College Book Project: The Missing Story – Part 1 of 2
Videos: Signing the Contract, Book Debut, and more exciting stuff!
I signed my book contract on June 16, 2010 after months of nervous anticipation, and it was one of the happiest, proudest moments of my life. Seeing the words “Author: Jenny Blake” on a legal document brought tears to my eyes. I’ve dreamed about this since I was a little girl reading in the Green Apple Bookstore every day after school, dog-earing pages because I knew I’d be back the next day.
Video #1 – Signing my book contract (42 seconds long)
Video #2 – An outtake, just for fun
The “million dollar signature” – up close and personal
Book Debut: Seeing my book for the first time
First book signing!
NYC Launch Party (aka my version of a wedding)
My first TV appearance: BetterTV
I’m looking forward to sharing this journey with you! Feel free to get in touch with me any time